Every year at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden, we host two Private Event Showcases. Our showcases have become a signature portion of our Events & Hospitality team here. Each spring and fall, we invite all of our clients to come taste, sample, and see how unique hosting an event here at Riverbanks can be. These events differ each time, whether it’s showcasing our new Sea Lion Landing and Ndoki Lodge or having cocktails in Waterfall Junction, or maybe passed hors d’ouerves in the Magnolia Room and Botanical Gardens.
At our Private Event Showcases, we bring together event experts, products and service all in one day – to answer questions and offer inspiration to help you create the ideal event experience. On Thursday, March 15th, we hosted our Spring Private Event Showcase in our beautiful Botanical Garden, showcasing both Waterfall Junction and the Magnolia Room. With each of these events, we partner up with some of Columbia’s event professionals, including:
These vendors not only help elevate our events, it is also a great time for our clients to meet some of our industry partners, who can bring them great service in the floral, entertainment, and baking industries.
While showcasing our beautiful gardens and venues this spring, we featured some of our brand new menu items for 2018. Each year we refresh our menus with new and exciting offerings, while keeping our client’s favorites. This past showcase, we presented some of our most ambitious, unique, and tasty menu items yet! Be sure to lookout for our new menus featuring:
- Beer Battered Chicken Nuggets served with a chipotle ranch
- Roasted Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- Prosciutto & Melon Skewers with a Port Wine Reduction
- Jerk Kabobs
- Mini Beef Wellingtons served with a Dijon horseradish sauce
- BBQ Beef Brisket Carving Station
- Fresh from The Coast Action Station which features oysters, poached shrimp, sea vegetable salad, and traditional accompaniments
- Charcuterie & Cheese Board
Not only did we add the items listed above, but we also now offer the following:
- Saigon Steak Rolls
- Crab Cakes with a caper mustard sauce
- Smoke Salmon Tartare
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- Braised Short Ribs
- Parmesan Salmon
- Beef Tenderloin
- Beef Tenderloin Carving Station served with Dijon mustard and freshly baked rolls
- Herd Crusted Pork Sirloin served with grain mustard aioli, sautéed apples and sweet rolls
- Build Your Own Salad Station
- Cajun Station which is jambalaya sautéed with diced chicken and andouille sausage, Cajun peppers, onions, celery, and rice.
To view all of our new menu offerings, please visit our Menu Page.
Our showcases are the perfect time for our clients to taste our culinary creations, see an event in action, get inspired for their very own event, and meet our entire Riverbanks Zoo & Garden – Events & Hospitality team in person.
We are excited to start planning our fall showcase, which will be held on the zoo side, and feature some of our most unique event spaces! If you have any questions in regards to hosting a private event here with us, please give us a call at 803-602-0900 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.