Every year, we host two Private Event Showcases at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden; one being held in the fall and one held in the spring. These showcases are a great opportunity for us to invite our corporate events venue, wedding venue, and all events clients to come taste, see, and get inspired on how unique holding an event at Riverbanks can be. We bring together event experts, products, and service all in one to answer questions and spark new ideas for your next corporate event, wedding, or unique special event or party with us.
Although we hold two Showcases a year, no two are the same. In October, we held our fall Showcase in multiple unique, rustic, and fun venues on the Zoo side of the property – starting in Entry Plaza, making a pit stop in the Gorilla Base Camp to watch a Gorilla Feeding, and ending in the Ndoki Lodge.
A great chance to see our beautiful and unique event spaces
On Thursday, March 28th, our Spring Private Event Showcase took pace in the Botanical Gardens and the Magnolia Room. The Gardens were in full bloom, as always thanks for our hard-working Horticulture Department, and the weather worked perfectly in our favor; it was a warm 65-70 degrees and sunny! In addition to showcasing our event services, we also partner up with some of Columbia’s best event professionals, including:
- John Gray Events, Floral, & Design
- Bonnie Brunt Cakes
- Sound Quest DJ’s
- Jessica Hunt Photography
- Jon Rooks, Musician
- Party Reflections
Having these vendors be part of our Private Event Showcases not only helps elevate the event experience, but it also gives our clients the chance to meet some industry partners and ask them questions about the services they offer.
Taste what we’re serving at your rustic Columbia, SC Wedding
Hosting these showcase events are so fun for us and we love giving our clients the unique opportunity to see an event in action, Riverbanks style! Here are some interesting behind-the-scenes facts that are a just a small part of what all goes in to putting an event like this together:
- We began planning our 2019 Spring Private Event Showcase at the end of December 2018
- We sent out 815 invitations online. 240 RSVP’d to the event via Punchbowl and out of that, 195 attended.
- We prepared 450 pieces of each of the seven Hors D’oeuvres offered: Beef Wellington, Bruschetta, Fried Green Tomatoes, Parmesan Risotto Fritters, Fried Cheese Ravioli, Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls, and Beer Battered Chicken Tenders.
- We had 13 Catering Staff members working the event, from bartenders to food station attendants to passers.
- We had 3 Chefs working the entirety of the event, keeping up with the replenishment of all food items.
- We had two bars set up. From both, we poured a total of 180 glasses of wine and opened 192 bottles of beer.
Unique Corporate Events, Weddings, Birthday Parties – we’re ready to start planning!
Now that we’ve reflected on this year’s Spring Private Event Showcase, it’s time to start planning for our fall showcase and we couldn’t be more excited. This year’s Fall Private Event Showcase will be held on the Zoo side of the Saluda River in some of Columbia’s most unique event spaces!
If you have any questions in regards to hosting a private event with us, please give us call at (803)-602-0900 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.